March 14, 2005

Saffy's Expert Critique on Trendy Fashionistas

I have to wake up early tomorrow (6.30 am) to make my brother's breakfast, so I figured I might as well hang out till it's dawn. To explain, I need to sleep 7 hours at a stretch or I'll be growly all day.

My aunt had a little celebration today: her 15th wedding anniversary. I'm not going to give my very opinionated opinion about massive anniversary celebrations here (and it was MASSIVE. The entire extended clan and then some came. Even my 90+ great granpa :p). Instead, I'm going to talk about something completely girly, mundane and pointless, which is the way some people like to dress when they leave the comforts of their home.

To illustrate, I'll quote some case studies I managed to observe during my 2-hour stay at my aunt's place.

Auntie #1:
Wore an animal print top. If you think that I'm being intentionally vague with the description, rest assured, it's because I really don't know what animal that top came from. It was a nightmarish amalgamation of zebra, leopard, snake and even a giraffe or two, I think. I never thought this was humanly possible, but someone just topped my fugly green shirt in the Scale of Utter Horror.

That top itself is a travesty to good taste. As if scaring the bejesus out of kiddies with that hideous thing wasn't enough, she had to pair it with green camouflage pants. And diamante everything else, from earrings, necklace, hairclip to bracelet, anklet and heels. OMFG!! Considered poking my eyes out with the plastic fork in my hand, but then decided to stuff my face instead. Oh, the trauma.

Auntie #2:
Wore a black top with a huge sparkly patch in front that covered her entire chest area. Wasn't too bad, and she paired it with blue jeans, but she also wore a huge blue stone necklace with a 'centrepiece' the size of my palm, and it dangled smack in the middle of the sparkly patch.

Okay, admittedly, that's not too bad. The purpose of this blog post is just to illustrate the utter horendousness of Auntie #1's complete lack of style.

Yours truly wore a white ribbed tee and navy jeans, which is very casual indeedy, but hey, I don't want to stand out for the wrong reasons!

Scribbles:
All pics from E!

5 comments:

S£ΔNNΔ said...

*stares open mouthed in utter horror*

narrowband said...

Speaking of your green top - How's it, you haven't been putting it on, have yyou :p

S£ΔNNΔ said...

Oh ya... Saffy... Near the bottom of your post... "Horrendous" is spelt with a double "r", not a single "r"...

You made an english spelling mistake!

Nyeh, nyeh... *sticks tongue out at Saffy in glee*

Saffron said...

@Narrowband:
NO! My god, what do you think I am? A taste-less Philistine?!

You seem very interested, heheh. Will show you a pic someday. :)

@Seanna:
Thanks, dear. You'll be my first choice for proof-reader when I get my book done. :D

There'll be no editing after posting here though. Goes with the whole Imperfection Theme I told you about. :)

5xmom.com said...

*taking notes to stay away from animal prints, green pants, sequins* I will stick to my Hush Puppies crew-neck plain black t and blue jeans, all the time till I am 90 yo. LOL!