November 28, 2004

Woke up at 8.30 this morning with a pounding headache. I'm a wuss, I can't handle 6 periods of classes in a day. I used to be able to do it in APIIT, but that was back when all we ever did in class was chat about F4 (they were popular back then) and munch chips while the lecturers did what all lecturers do best: talk to themselves. Some even manage to doze off themselves in the process, don't that beat all?

Normally, I would cackle maniacally like a bunch of furies on valium when told to wake up before noon, but then this was a chance in a lifetime to watch The Incredibles with a whole bunch of hyperactive little kids, so who could say no to that?

Actually, my mom's company organised a little family day thingy and we got cheap tickets. RM4 per person and that includes a breakfast of 1901 sausage rolls. The downside was 1)it was a 10.30 show, hence all the waking up early, and 2)the venue's in Midvalley. I avoid places like Midvalley, KLCC and 1 Utama like the plague on weekends and holidays. Today is a combo of 2. I feel filthy for going against my principles.

As birthdays are a time for self-reflection, I found out something about myself that I never suspected before. Okay, so some of you are laughing after reading the first half of that sentence. FYI, drunken debauchery, projectile vomiting and unholy fornication with various inanimate objects during said drunken-ness is normal and acceptable when one celebrates one's 21st birthday, thank you.

Anyway, for the revelation, *cue suspenseful music* I feel very self-conscious eating sausages in public. Yeah, that's what I was thinking about while I was munching my breakfast at the big round thingy outside the cinema entrance. Hmmm, maybe I need to schedule an appointment with my therapist...

Movie was great, blah blah blah no review here because every blog already has one. Bottomline, I liked it, as I liked every Pixar movie. The experience was bad, cos whoever organised this obviously made the mistake of thinking that all kids like cartoons, hence all cartoons are for kids. Pity the poor 3-year old in front of me who couldn't help jumping around in his seat cos he wasn't interested in the movie. Pity still the poor girl sitting behind him who had to crane her neck to see the screen every time the kid decided to re-enact in real life and real time whatever Mr Parr did in make-believe land.

I wonder what kind of parent brings a 3 year-old kid to cinemas. They have an attention span of like, what, 3 seconds? If you're gonna bring a young kid like that to the cinema, at least have the decency to sedate him so that the rest of us can enjoy the show in relative peace and quiet. Sheesh...

After the show, we went for a snack at Dave's Deli, after which we left Midvalley at around 1.40pm and lo and behold, the parking sections were blocked again. How fun. When we got home, I took a little catnap and woke up at 6. Ahem, the word 'catnap' has a different meaning for everyone, ya?

My parents then took me out for my birthday dinner, which was a meal at Hy Tian Restaurant in Serdang. This place is highly recommended, and we eat there at least twice a month cos:
a)the food's good,
b)the service is impeccable (this is the only place I would even consider handing over a RM10 tip on top of the service charge)
c)it gives a whole new meaning to the term 'fast food' (3 minutes after we ordered everything was on the table except for the fish)
d)it's reasonably priced for a restaurant

We had Lai Yau Sotong, lotus root and snowpeas fried with macadamia nuts, Toong Bo Yuk, some beancurd dish and deep-fried fish with a Thai sauce thingy and sour mangoes. I'm not gonna translate the names of the dishes cos if I knew the names in English I would've used them. :p The bill came to about RM80 plus drinks.

I'll try to find the address and post it here tomorrow when I can find stuff without squinting. Be forewarned though, call ahead on weekends to make sure there're available tables. It can get very packed, especially during wedding months.

After that I went out to Quan's Something Or Other Cafe (that's not really the name. I forgot to look at the signboard before leaving the place) in Pandan Indah with my friends and had a very thick, very good coffee milkshake that tastes like Coffee Bean's Ice Blended drinks. Replenished my depository of blog topics and took some pics.

Left at 12.30. Something's keeping me awake, which explains updating at the unholy hour of 2.35, and I suspect it's either the catnap or the coffee shake. It's more than likely both.

In other news, link section has been revamped because I was thinking of chocolates and bananas while choosing colours from my palette. I originally went for a pyschedelic hot pink, lime and purple combo (that's your cue to shudder), but then got hungry and thought of food, so tadaa.

Edit: And I wonder who's actually gonna be reading this thing in its entirety. No more about-my-day blogs in the future unless I'm caffeinated and insomniated, and start inventing random words because I'm too lazy to look in the dictionary.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!

seth.frostheart said...

Hey! I do read every one of your granny droning blog entries, hur hur hur.. What can I say... I'm voyueristic like that :P It would be better if you wrote about R or even X rated stuff but hey, one can't be picky can he... lolzx.

oh by the way... happy belated birthday Saffy.. I left a message on MSn just as u a) either logged off seeing me log on :P or b) got d/c-ed again as usual. I'm hoping for b.. haha...

Foot Futt said...

Harlo harlo can change colour of font ah? We old folks cannot read clearly even with bifocals wor...

Buaya69 said...

hapi belated burpday, my fellow sagi! ;)

iblogme said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Does your date of birth have to do with your blog name? Why "27th & 6th"? This question cropped up when I tried to put in a description to your link on my blog. :P

Saffron said...

@Bawang:
Thanks. :)

@Frosty:
Heheh, thanks. I'll reward my hardcore loyal readers once I get famous and publish my own book. Or something like that. ;)

I got disconnected from Streamyx. Arion told me about this a few days ago, heheh. It's the thought that counts, so thanks. :)

@footfoot:
Change liao, is this ok?

@Buaya:
Thanks. I want to grow up to be you, heheh.

@Iblogme:
27th is my birthday, 6th is my brother's. I'm really uncreative when it comes to names :p Thanks for linking me. :)

@John:
Sightseeing while in Missouri would be out of the question. ;)

Saffron said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Foot Futt said...

Thank you thank you :) Much clearer!