November 16, 2004

Traffic jams and Bohemian tops

Time for a girly post.

During the long holiday, I went shopping with my mother. On the first day, we decided to drive to Midvalley on Saturday, cos we figured that you know, being it's close to Raya and all, everyone's gotta be back in their hometowns liao. Boy were we wrong. It took about 25 minutes to get from our house to Midvalley. Mom's a slow ass driver. ;) It took 40 minutes for us to circle the roads that form a perimeter around Midvalley, trying to find a parking section that was open for cars to enter.

After the third circle, we decided to take the upper ramp and leave, cos I get cranky after being trapped in a tight space for a while, and just as we passed one parking section (I forgot the alphabet), one of those guard fellas just casually sauntered over to the orange plastic thingy they use to block the entrance and moved it for cars to enter.

Vomit blood or not? Vomit blood or not???

Aih...

I asked my mom if she wanted to drive to an LRT station and we can just take the KTM to Midvalley, but then wise Mom said it'd probably be packed like heck in the mall, so we'd be better off elsewhere. So we drove to Subang Parade and had McDonalds for lunch.

Ended up buying 2 tops, which I love. I think I'm developing a nasty habit of alternately spending money to make myself feel better and drinking alcohol to make myself feel better. Pics below:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usRM35. Knit tank with really thick straps, because I will never wear a strapless bra again. Ever. Maybe it's time to try out one of those sticky bra pad thingies, since they're supposed to be really comfy. If they're not, well, I'll just hurry over and slowly throttle the life out of my friend.

The top also has a little bow on the front. Which I will remove the minute I finish typing this. For the life of me I can't understand why people have to keep putting little bows and ribbons on articles of women's clothing, from tops, t-shirts, briefs, panties, hats, etc. WTH is this? *grumbles*

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Sorta bohemian tank top, with loads of lace and flowers and mother-of-pearl buttons, front and back. Overkill maut. Anyway, this one I like a lot, and the best thing about it is, I got it cheap! Muahahaha. After spending all of 20 bucks on this, I was on a high for the entire day.

I've checked my wardrobe and canvassed opinions from my family, and it's confirmed that this is the girliest thing I have ever bought myself. It doesn't look like much here, on account of a bad photographer and sucky lighting, but really, it looks great.

Hmmm...why do I sound like I'm trying to justify this?

Because Alex wanted to have a look-see at what I bought after our little chat some nights ago, I've uploaded some more pics.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
::Same photographer, same sucky lighting


On left is a sheer shirt that makes me look skinnier than I am. It's the only recent piece of clothing I bought that my granma didn't question. On the right is the notorious Low Cut T-Shirt. It looks low cut, but it's really not, especially when I'm wearing it. Principally because I have practically no boobs to speak of and it's only sexy if you have cleavage showing.

I realise the utter pinkness of my recent acquisitions. I think my tastes are changing. No more punk clothes with loads of chains and zips and bondage pants. The next thing you know I'll be buying a delicately pink floral print dress.

God I hope it never comes to that.

Yankees and Canucks:
Vomit blood: similar to situations in mangas whereby a large hammer drops onto the protagonists head, creating a bump the size of Alaska. See also: Extreme Exasperation, Murphy.

3 comments:

Kimberly Low said...

nothing's wrong with flaunting ur feminity girl! hehehe those are very pretty tops..good taste :D

Johann said...

Hey Saff, I just noticed you took my line, "Dune is my bible."

Cool. =)

Saffron said...

@Kim:
Thanks. I can't wait to wear em too, but then they're technically my new year clothes. :)

@Hog:
Yeah, shameless stealing. Tough nuts that you didn't copyright it, eh?