June 08, 2007

Misc bathroom observations

In the vein of talking about toilets, the toilet in my office (meant for two, but only if you're really dirty, or married) is so freaking humongous it’s bigger than my room (meant for one, I'm so lonely QQ). Life is so unfair.

Let’s go over the features, shall we? It has marble counter tops, huge hotel-like mirror, two sinks, a bathtub wider and longer than my bed, a spacious shower stall, a toilet and a bidet thingy that I assume does not work cos it’s kinda cobwebby where bidets should never be cobwebby.

It’s so big that every time I go to the toilet I join the rombongan melawat tandas. Uber man, just uber. When I’m in there, I also get the insane urge to lounge in the comfy-looking bathtub, except it’s rendered not-so-comfy because it’s strewn with old newspapers.

Hmmm, perhaps strewn is not the right word to use. I suspect the management had someone cover up the tub to prevent workers from longing in the bathtub, so they’re instead forced to lounge in the extremely comfortable chairs at their workstations while Sam Hui’s Japanese Girl blares loudly from the speakers.

Working life is so tough man.

4 comments:

mr-penman said...

ppl hire u 2 do creative writing...

u go write toilet observation...

...

-_-"

Testblog said...

on working life, i found that you tend to blog more often and you also read blogs or read more than you already do. would it be okay to reveal where you work at now? and how sure are you that the sticky substance was merely urine?

till my next nostalgic moment. peace.

Saffron said...

@penman:
It's not my fault that I'm paid to surf the net :p I'm running out of web comics to read.

@Taste:
My workplace shall not be disclosed in public to protect the weak (me) and innocent (me also). Email me at turburki at hotmail, or gimme your email, and I'll send you the address/map/google earth satellite image. :D

mr-penman said...

wah! lansi...