March 24, 2005

Saffy's Arts and Crafts

Hair product container/pencil case for JW, 2004.


Height: about 26 cm
Base: about 9 cm (measured from the outside)

Materials: discarded DHL cardboard boxes for the frame, UHU gum, papier mache, normal white glue, white mural paint, orange poster colour, gold paint, de-skinned cardboard, photocopy of photograph, tea, scrunched up Ferrero Rocher gold wrapping paper, regular metal wire (tit sin), assorted glass beads, black ink pen, piece of sponge about 13 cm high and cut to fit inside the container, a pair of steady hands, intense boredom and about 3 free days.

Cheapskate way to get out of paying for expensive birthday gifts (haircare products are not very expensive when the cost is halved *grins*).

5 comments:

Lancelot95 said...

Is that the one you told me? or you just make that for everyone? ;p

i want one ... my birthday is coming soon. :)

Matty said...

heyz! lol nice pencil-case! It's so artsy fartsy! you could always make candles too :) they're pretty easy, and they smell great :) Enjoying the hols so far?

ArionW said...

Looks kinky!

iblogme said...

You missed "lots of patience" in your material list. *grins* I have no patience for such things. :) Ok, that is because I am bad at handicrafts.

Saffron said...

@Lance:
I told you about the pie I was going to make you, but didn't, right? Haha, paiseh only laa...

When's your bday? Have to calculate the time it takes to send it to Aussieland also.

@Matty:
I don't know how to make candles. :( Blog about it so I can learn. :)

I don't know what day it is today, so yeah, I'm enjoying my hols. *grins*

@A.
You have a very weird definition of kinky. That's nice and normal!

@IBlogMe:
I wouldn't categorise myself as someone with a lot of patience as well, which is probably why only my best friends and my mom have received gifts from me so far, heheh.