March 25, 2005

I don't like whiners

Okay, pointless statement. No one likes whiners. Lemme rephrase that.

I don't like whiners who whine at me.

For some reason, people like to talk to me. I think that's because I usually mumble in reply. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I actually sympathise with you, it's just that I really don't like to talk unless it's with my best friends or my bro, so mumbling is sort of the polite way of telling you to get out of my face.

Unfortunately, people (read: whiners who whine at me) appear to have developed a nasty habit of sustaining an entire conversation by themselves. Here's a tip, next time, talk to the wall. It'll save me a lot of grief and it'll save you a friend. Unfortunately #2, these people don't appear to take hints, so being me, I thought the direct way is the best way.

Wrong again. After I told him to never call me again unless he had a real problem, he heeded my advice for all of 2 weeks. After that he came back to me about his stupid relationship problems, which can be easily solved if he just grows a backbone and bloody picks one guy.

At this point, I would like to clarify that if I find out someone I know cheats/cheated on his girlfriend/her boyfriend, I immediately lose all respect for him/her. To me, respect and trust is a very important part of a relationship, any relationship, so it's kinda hard for me to be good I-tell-you-about-my-period-you-tell-me-about-your-blueballs kind of friends with someone who doesn't understand this basic rule of relationship-ology.

If you have a problem and you wanna talk about it, that's fine. If you need help solving it, I'll suggest taking the advice of someone sane because I don't want to live with the guilt of ruining your life. If you insist on my advice, that's also fine but please sign the form absolving me of all responsibility should you become suicidal and succeed. What's NOT fine is the fact that he comes back with the same bloody problems over and over again without doing anything to make it better. It's like someone who sits underneath a dripping roof and complains that he can't sleep, but he doesn't get up the roof and patch the leak, so the water just keeps on dripping and he just keeps on whining.

If it's something serious, like your family not accepting your orientation despite all your efforts, okay, talk about it all you want. I know it's a tough life. If you've been raped and you can't get over it, talk about it all you want. I know what it feels like, a bit. If you want to talk about two-timing your incredibly sweet boyfriend while worrying about whether your secret lover loves you for your looks or your brains, please, for love of all things green, find someone else (The wall, the wall!).

The point is, a lot of the problems can be solved if you'll just get your lazy ass off your fucking chair and actually expend some energy to do something about it.

You'd think this is something incredibly easy that a toddler would understand, but noooo, this guy is 23 and he's still clueless. And I thought I live a cloistered life (sadly, I do)

Everything in life is a choice that no one made but yourself. Stuck in a dead-end job? You got yourself there, get yourself out. I don't understand why some people like to go around whining for help when they made their own decisions in the first place. The thing about decisions is that they always ALWAYS have consequences, and being a adult means dealing with the consequences of the decision that you made. It's not like someone had a gun to your head. If you fuck something up, go unfuck it. Sitting around talking about it isn't going to help.

So don't bloody say you don't have a choice and whine and cry and say you want to die because you don't have a choice. EVERYONE has a choice. It's just that you didn't make a good one.

Notes:
As I type this out, I'm still on the line. I'm not the kind of person who can multitask, which explains why I don't like 69, so guess how much attention I'm paying to him. :p

Jeez, I really need to get one of those nifty call-screening things.

16 comments:

S£ΔNNΔ said...

You know, Saffy... Technically, there's no such thing as "unfucking"... XD

Unknown said...

well said! need to circulate this among my friends!

Lim Tik Loon said...

funny oh, the way you funny-up your entries. Your sarcasm and self humiliation makes me a regular here.

Lancelot95 said...

So you can chat using telephone and messenger and THEN blog at the same time.

Thats amazing, i couldnt figure out my left socks from my right. Incredible :o.

Well next time just give them a sound bite. It would really be fun if you could do the "Nombor yang anda dial..." thingy and see how many falls for it.

narrowband said...

I don't believe confiding in someone would help improve situation... I had been through one very terrible downcycle and it seemed to last forever. I had only myself to blame and I regretted it so much - But in life you can't just 'hit the reset button and reboot', or 'reformat' your "harddisk" altogether. Only way to go about it is - deal with it.. use antivirus and Adware or spybot to clean and scan, and clean and scan...

I kept most problems to myself and solve em (or wait and see what happens next)... in any case, when someone is not interested to hear your problems, you should just get the signal and act accordingly, no? Funny how you relate your multitasking ability to 69....

Johann said...

Sweet. Reminds me of people I know.

Cheers Saffy. *hugs* My blog must be getting traffic from your mega-read-all-over blog, cause I'm getting a lot of visits, and I think this is one of the few places who link to it. Thanks! =)

Anyway, definately reminds me of people I know. I wish you the best of luck and such. And it was a hilarious read.

Anonymous said...

Everything in life is a choice that no one made but yourself

I had to go through hell before I finally realized how true those words were.

Why do I hear Bixler wailing "Who brought me here?" in the background?

Saffron said...

@Seanna:
Right. Tell that to Arundhati Roi. :) Yes, I am a shameless plagiarist.

@Stan:
Thanks for dropping by, I appreciate the time you took to leave a comment. Literally, since Blogger's slower than an elephant wading through ass-deep mud. :p

@Loonatik:
I'm a naturally self-humiliating person. It's a talent. :D

@Lance:
I wasn't paying him any attention. I was just mm-ing and ah-ing at regular intervals. *grins*

Next time maybe just screen my calls. Or never answer the house phone again. Hmmm, I like the second idea. :D

@Narrowband:
I believe in the opposite. I think that sometimes you just need to bounce some ideas off some people to see the situation clearly.

I have time for my friends with problems, but it's the whiny I'll-just-sit-here-thanks people that I beh tahan.

Ahem, 69ing requires an intense amount of concentration of you wanna do it right. I know because I have many many friends who like sex, that's it. :D

@Johann:
Sadly, I'm not that widely-read. That was just something I said to you to brag, cos your blog's all nifty-looking and mine's a stupid template. :)

Thanks for reading, dearie.

@Bawang:
Aww, I'm sorry to hear that, Bawang. Hope you got through the rough patch relatively unscathed. :)

Saffron said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Foot Futt said...

Oooo what was that last comment that was removed? *KPC mode*

Saffron said...

Double post. :)

Anonymous said...

dear Saffron, i think it's time for you to show your true calling, that is to have your own Dear Saffron column. whiners can write in their sob stories and then you can give them your ass-kicking theraphy, which is sorely needed and effective for them whiners. liked the idea? pay me then... :D

Johann said...

I note that there are far more comments here than on mine. =) Not so widely read my bum.

Cheers Saffy. =) *hugs!*

Saffron said...

@Buaya:
BUAYA!!!! *bursts*

You're here!! I miss your blog!!

Okay, now that I've gotten that out of my system, I think if I had my own column the suicide rates would spike. Not good with consoling ppl la me, sniff.

@Banjo:
That's what you think, but the reason is I have a bunch of regulars (bless you dearies) who care enough to wade through my blocks of text, and who care enough to leave a comment or two even when blogger's commenting system is slow as heck.

Extremely thankful, I am. (in preparation for SW *grins*)

Anonymous said...

Since you removed comment on your latest post, i'll post it here. Hope you sort out the problem that you're right now. Hope it doens't stay your time for too long. And hope to see you again here as fast as possible. Take care. Oh and by the way, it did scare me. But scares are what you learn from. Visions of perfectness, never teaches you anything.

Anonymous said...

I meant scars nor scares :P