March 11, 2005

Old English: lufu

I don't know why, but "I love you" never made me grin like a cheshire cat and go weak in the knees and go all melty-like. At one point in my past relationship, I even told my ex to stop telling me that he loved me. That was back when I used to blurt things out without thinking, and I guess there's absolutely no doubt why that little relationship ended. ;p

Never did put much stock in words, but tonight I'm going to readjust my paradigms and re-evaluate the power of words.


GET THEM CUTE BEARS HERE.
The thing that prompted tonight's sappy-nightmarish blog is the amazing fact that a relationship in limbo can be salvaged by just a few right words at the right time (that's the sappy part). And a teddy bear holding a red lovey heart (that's the nightmarish part). Because I'm always nice and I hope other people can benefit from my friend's bf's genius, I'll reproduce the line he fed her, verbatim.

"You inspire me. You make me want to try and be a better person."

Three little words, but wow, packs a punch. Of course, notice he said "try", so there's no promise, and like I said, it could be just a line, but hey, at least it's a good line. Sometimes you just have to fly blind and not be cynical and blurty.

I think someone's happy tonight. And to fit in with the typical catty girl stereotype, I'm gonna end this by calling her a bitch.

The bitch.

7 comments:

Lancelot95 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lancelot95 said...

I love you



now melt ! :)

Johann said...

Wow. Hehe. That's cute.

Little romantic stories... whee.

iblogme said...

Wow. That line made me think of Jerry Maguire. :)

I think she'll still grin like a Cheshire cat throughout the night even if you call her other unpleasant names. Haha.

Resurrected said...

Muahahaha Saffron jealous?
:P

Yeah, try not good enough. :)

Saffron said...

@Lance:
So easy ah? :)

@Banjo:
Yeah...there's a line you can use staring you right in the face. *grins*

@IBlogMe:
That's the whole point of calling her a bitch. You don't kick them when they're down. :)

@Res:
Actually, if I ever get to the point where I think the relationship isn't working out, then whathe says doesn't really matter anymore. :)

S£ΔNNΔ said...

I wanted to make the first post last night and tell Saffy my view on her post, but Blogger wasn't working properly. So I'll say what I wanted to say about Saffy's post by expounding the product of my unhappy self now. Ready? Here we go...

The bitch(es).