February 26, 2005

With half a foot into the future...

First of all, if you can't somehow figure out what the title of this post means, don't bother asking me, cos I have no idea either. I have a bad habit of saying things without knowing what they mean. Depending on your perspective, it either makes me very mysterious or very stupid.

So yesterday we went to a cafe called 69, which is located somewhere behind Times Square. The main reason we went there was because JW said there was this guy there who did horoscope readings. If you don't believe in prediction bullshit, this is not a post you should be reading.

The guy, who's seriously pretty and cute, complete with funny (in a good way) little mannerisms and gestures, did our readings for us. The first thing he said to me was, "You are a person who does not believe in fortune telling. I do not do fortune telling. Instead, I will analyse your personality and tell you about yourself, because your personality determines your future."

Hokay, I was thinking, what a bunch of gobbledygook. Quit with the whole philosophy thing and get on with it. He then asked me my name, DOB and started flipping his little book that was filled with Chinese characters. He also wrote some stuff on a piece of paper that gave a whole new definition to the term 'cakar ayam'. If I had my camera software installed I'd take a pic of the piece of paper and post it here. Unfortunately, I can't find my CDs, so it'll have to wait.

Stuff he (Simpson, if I got that right) got right:
I do not like responsibility
No one fought as hard as me against my modship in BF, I'm told. Harhar, with power comes responsibility, and I'd rather just have a laid-back experience rather than having to worry about stupid idiots who can never find the Edit button even though it's staring them right in the face. I'm getting used to it now though.

I do not like stress (which probably comes from responsibility)
Like I said, laid-back is good.

I do not plan for the future
So I am a happy person, sez Simpson, because I do not attempt to analyse or predict things that are completely out of my control. Unfortunately, it also means I am a person who does not have a clue what I'm going to do because I take winging it to the extreme.

I do not play mind games
I don't like people who keep me guessing and who try to trip me up with wordplay or manipulation. Simpson says that doesn't mean I don't know if people are playing mind games with me, though I think he may be over-crediting my intelligence. This probably explains why I have no patience for guys who have to wait x number of days before contacting me after we go out.

I like things straight to the point
Simpson says I don't like to waste my time, so I don't like people who beat around the bush.

I am blunt
Which results in a lot of hurt feelings if the person I'm with doesn't know me very well.

I don't like people who make a promise and then don't keep it
Similarly, I don't promise anything to anyone unless I intend to keep it. I expcet that if you say you'll do something, you'll follow up with it, and if I say I'll do something, then I'll see it through too.

Things he got wrong:
I don't like being with my family
Wrong. My family is the most important part of my life, and I'm not staying with them because of necessity.

I am an optimistic person
I'm one of the most negative and cynical people I know, so that's not right.

That's about it. I'll go into my friend's reading, but that would make this so long that even fans of granma stories won't read it. Moral of the story? I paid RM25 for the horoscope drink just to hear someone tell me stuff I already know. Yayness.

On a sidenote: Thoughts are with T right now. Hope things get better soon.

No comments: