February 27, 2005

What do you do when you're locked out of your house?

Happened today, when me and the Oaf came home with no house keys. Granma didn't answer the door cos she way busy yakking on the phone, and couldn't hear her handphone ring cos it was in the kitchen. After calling our parents, we had to wait outside the house in the corridor.

After talking for 10 minutes, we got bored and started a Bollywood dance routine with massively-exaggerated hip movements and wide toothy grins. Music was playing in my head, which, in retrospect, doesn't really augur well for my state of mind, but who cares about my sanity anyways?

Unfortunately, our road to international stardom ala Aishwarya Rai was thwarted when some guy and his girlfriend walked up the stairs. Stares are not conducive to dancing, unfortunately.

Some people can be so rude. *grumbles*

6 comments:

Applegal said...

I got locked out one night after yam cha with friends. My parents locked the gate to which I did not have the key, everybody was asleep and didn't pick up their phones, so I did the only thing I could do at that moment: I climbed over my own gate. . . Much to the amusement to my friends, who did not even help even after I was the one who belanja-ed the drinks!!!

Anonymous said...

Many many times, this happen to me. Mostly because I forget to bring the key. Once, I got locked out of the house, coz I forgot to bring the key, and my housemates would only be arriving the next morning. Spent the whole night on the porch. The night sky was calming though :P

Lancelot95 said...

It happened alot of times to me a few years ago when i had to come home earlier than usual from class and nobody is at home. So i climbed through the fence and lockpicked my own backdoor and got it.

No I wont give the details needed to do it, but thats how i did it.. simple..

narrowband said...

I climb over the fence and sit on the chair outside my porch, while waiting for my family to return. There'd been a few times after school - I took bus then - came home only to find everybody was out. USuallly sit for about half an hour.

Saffron said...

@applegal:
Who needs friends, eh? :)

How did you get into your house? You had to door key but not the gate keys?

@Bawang:
Luckily for you it didn't rain, but spending the night under the stars is pretty romantic. :)

@Lance:
Whoa, you can lockpick?! Is there anything you can't do?

Saffron said...

@Narrowband:
Why didn't you just steal a key off your mom's keychain? :D