January 17, 2005

People who play around with medication

Halp me, halp me! I'm repressed! (Shamelessly stolen from Chaos, who probably stole it somewhere else)

Seriously, no. I was rooting around in my medicine cabinet for some of my leftover codeine pills and I found this packet of weird-looking stuff instead.


FRONT VIEW
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
THE SHINY SHINY BACK


On the back it says:
BETASERC
16 mg tablets
betahistine.2HCl

Googling yielded nothing much, as the only website I understand on the list says it's a tranquiliser of some sort. Okay, so maybe it's not a tranquiliser tranquiliser, but it's supposed to steady your nerves. Or something.

I'm pinging this in PPS cos that's what every normal person would do: ask for help on the internet. Sorta like this thread. On a Gaming forum. So, does anyone know what it's supposed to do?

4 comments:

Lone said...

BETASERC is a medication prescribed for vertigo [dizziness with spinning sensation], tinnitus or disturbance of the vestibular system of the ear. Should only be used as presribed by a medical practitioner.

iblogme said...

At least someone left behind a helpful comment. But don't believe everything you read on the net. Go get a second opinion.

Heh heh.

Just kidding, Lone.

5xmom.com said...

Bestarec - yeap, for dizziness. My doc gave to me when I felt the room, ceiling, wall moving.

Saffron said...

@Lone:
Thank you very much. I just need to write that down in case I get can't stand up and walk straight again.

@IBlogMe:
Yes, that's true. Like when they tell you they saw Elvis in Kelana Jaya eating satay celup. *grins*

@Lilian:
Thanks for confirming.

What're the chances I get 2 quacks replying in one blog post? ;)