December 23, 2004

Frustrate me, please!

I'm back! :)

The previous posts were written in the downtime. Just because I can't blog doesn't mean I can't write, though it wasn't easy with my head flinging around from the recoil of my coughs.

Here's a timeline of what happened since last week.

Sunday: Streamyx acting up, connection was slow during the day. Couldn't connect at night.

Monday: Same same, connection improved marginally in the afternoon. Couldn't connect at night. Had a flu and feeling feverish.

Tuesday: Connected for 5 minutes in the morning before it broke completely. Tried again in the afternoon, and managed the exact same thing. Results for BF's BAC not sent out due to this reason. Onset of fever, voice changed due to flu. Ex used to call it 'my sexy voice'. Note to ex, sexy and flu do not go together.

Wednesday: Sitting at home, bored out of my skull, nursing a fever and blowing my nose every 5 minutes. Nose red and tender from tissue burn. Called up Streamyx techies and was told to "You cuba connect la. Kalau masih tak boleh, tunggu tiga hari." (translation: try connecting every once in a while. If it doesn't work, wait three days)

Thursday: Fever gone, flu still around, starting to cough. No sign of Streamyx.

Friday: Voice reverts to normal. Cough not getting any better, but not getting any worse either, which is always a good sign.

Saturday: Recovered from everything. Mild 'khem khem's every once in a while. Nothing big. Called up Streamyx techies and was told to "Tunggu sampai Isnin. You cuba connect la." (translation: Wait until Monday. Meanwhile, try connecting. In other words, You're Screwed.)

Sunday: Developed a hollow-sounding cough that seemed to reverberate in my chest. Bad news, cos it always gets worse when it comes to this. Apparently sounds very TB-like to everyone around me. Dad shudders whenever I cough, so I alternate between holding back my coughs and hiding in my room. Plan not working out. Mom starting to worry. Can't sleep at night due to coughing.

Monday: Skipped school. Cough starting to sound like TB patient on her last breath. Developed chest pains from constant coughing. Bro looked at concernedly when I was coughing on the sofa while he played Disgae again. Mom is very worried. Called Streamyx Techies. Still no idea of what the problem is. Still no idea of when it will be fixed. My terse question of whether I will be billed a quarter of RM88 less this month (which is RM22) was answered with a burst of nervous giggles.

Tuesday: Still can't sleep at night. Developed headache from constant coughing. Experiencing bouts of blurness after I cough for prolonged periods of time. Feeling nauseous and dizzy all day, can't stand up for long. Too sick to care about Streamyx. I want to die. Mom, Dad and Granma very worried about me. I want to die even more.

Wednesday: Getting used to the coughing, though it sounds worse to everyone else. Headaches have gone, though blurness persists after I cough for a long time. Mom talked to colleague about Streamyx problem. Colleague gave her phone number of a guy. After a phone call to him, a lady called us at our home number at 5pm and told us to try connecting. It worked. Lady called again at 8pm to check status of Streamyx. Still working fine.

What would have happened if my mom's colleague had not had an insider's phone number? In Malaysia, it's not what you know, it's who you know.

7 comments:

ArionW said...

What, no mention of me and my caring response to your plight? :P

Pebbles said...

Yay! You are back! :)

Kervin said...

Glad you're feeling better and your net connection problem are over. Yup Malaysian tech services are crap and unless you know someone who can cut through the forest of personels, you'll never get anything done. At least I know who to ask for a number if Stremyx ever give me problems hehe!

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you back. :)

I hate flu. Find it hard always to cough properly. My coughs are always dry.

And now I'm thinking twice of getting Steamyx. What a waste of money if you pay but you don't get what you pay for. But it would save tons of money, and I get to be on the net 24/7. Still weighing the pros and cons..

Ps. Eat a lot of sawi and tomato.

narrowband said...

Knowing the right people eases things alot. Heh. Hey, get well soon. Merry Christmas.

iblogme said...

Urgh, it's generally so true of the customer service situation here. I called Streamyx's customer service hotline before and I had my call tossed around for more than 15 minutes. Luckily, I knew someone (*rolls eyes*) who helped fixed the problem.

Merry Christmas!

Saffron said...

@A.
You know you're just an attention whore. :) No advertising on my blog, thanks.

@Pebbles:
Yeah, in all my inane glory. *grins* Sometimes I wonder how many people actually get what I write, heheh.

@Kervin:
Aww, thanks. :) The streamyx guy expects kickbacks in return. :) I'm told he leans towards the kinky and the untried. Good luck!

@Bawang:
Thanks for caring. :) Dry coughs suck, because everyone knows lube is good.

Getting the RM66 package is worth it, IMO, especially if you read loads of blogs. ;) My connection used to be faster than all of my friends's even though we pay for the same package, but it's not the same now that they've managed to 'fix the problem'.

What's sawi and tomato for?

@Narrowband:
Yay, jalan. Luckily it hasn't descended to the level of Bribe-Me-Or-Else. Keep your fingers crossed. :)

@IBlogMe:
Wor, 15 minutes. You know what'd be great? If their dept managers had their numbers made public. I bet that would improve the service greatly. In fact, everyone, from the stupid people who sign contracts with the highway concessionaires to the idiots who populate the Censorship Board should have their numbers and identity on display.

You can be stupid, but you can't hide behind the shield of anonymity anymore! Muahahahahaha.