December 30, 2004

Celebrations cancelled

PM sez, "celebrations cancelled".

Saves me the trouble of thinking about whether to go out or not to go out. Nothing like a decision made to make the day look up.

I can't donate any money because I'm not working. I can't ask my parents for money cos they've already spent a bomb on me on account of the stupid bronchitis, and I don't believe in the power of prayer. So what's a girl to do? Apart from giving blood, I could only think of giving clothes and toys and maybe some of my books. Or maybe some of my brother's books instead of mine, heheh.

Later today I will be sorting through piles of my junk to see what's usable and what's not usable, and then I'm going to look for places that're accepting stuff for the victims. Then I'm going to talk my granma into giving some of her clothes, cos she has a huge pile that she never wears. Tonight I will be calling my friends to collect stuff from them. If everyone gives a t-shirt it'd be a good start. Time to polish my persuasion skills.

If you don't think you can donate money, there's always some stuff that you can give. Clothes and shoes that you haven't worn in 3 months will most likely end up forever lonesome in some dank corner of your wardrobe, so why not dig everything out and give whatever you don't need?

Holey mouldy t-shirts and cockroach-gnawed pants with loose waistbands are NOTHX, okay?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

my mom packed all my old clothings - and my sisters', and gave them away today, in view of the request for donations. we've some channels to go by here in the neighbourhood. the numbers hiked again, it's not good at all. i hope the donations don't go to any politician's pocket.

narrowband

narrowband said...

my mom packed all my old clothings - and my sisters', and gave them away today, in view of the request for donations. we've some channels to go by here in the neighbourhood. the numbers hiked again, it's not good at all. i hope the donations don't go to any politician's pocket.

narrowband

Buaya69 said...

right on saff! we are doing the same too.

apart from clothes, blankets are important too. if you don't have used blankets, can buy the olive green made-in-china blankets - they are very good for cold weathers. i know coz the army uses them. go out and make a difference.

you make me proud ;)