November 12, 2004

On a dark and stormy night...

It's raining outside.

The lights in my room just flickered, the way fluorescent lights kinda go dim and then flicker back to life.

I'm afraid they'll die on me and I'll be alone in my room in the dark, with only the monitor lights flickering in the otherwise pitch blackness.

This is a prime setting for a scary movie. Something's gonna slither around my ankles and draw me closer to its dripping maw the minute my lights die. I'm going to end up as a pile of shiny white bones.

Can anyone guess I'm afraid of the dark and scary movies? Sorry for all the 'flicker's in this post. Brain does not thrive on fear.

I should probably go to bed before the lights DO die on me.

3 comments:

Saffron said...

I like pain, only if I'm the one holding the cat and the candles. ;)

And you, sweetness and sunshine, are VERY EBIL!!

Anonymous said...

The lights go out. The monitors light was flickering on the spinning fan. The curtains moved slowly, as the night breeze blew.

Suddenly tentacles was slidding through the window.....
*Insert scary movie song*
and carried saffron away into the night.

Ok so I was bored.

Saffron said...

In the perfectly functioning lights of my parent's room, this post now looks stupid. :(