November 11, 2004

Bugger

Post dedicated to my brother. As you can see from the title, it’s not flattering at all, heheh. He’s either gonna laugh his rocks off when he sees this, or pound little me into a cube so small I’d fit in my 4 year old cousin’s bag. I’m betting on the former, since it’s more conducive to living a healthy life.

So I was sitting on my chair playing some AOS with a name I already forgot, when he bounces into the room and starts shaking my armrest. The bugger’s half a head taller than me and BIG, so you can imagine what that did to my chair. I spun around and shot him a Level 3 Evil Eye, which wasn’t a lot, and he plopped himself down on my bed.

“Jie, play mahjong!”

“Dowan.”

“C’mon la, play la.”

At this point I turned around and began educating him on the finer points of etiquette and fairplay, which is to say, I told him it wasn’t polite to ask me to go play mahjong when I’ve just had the PC for half an hour, before I’ve even begun to do the things I want to do, as opposed to the things I have to do. (check email, suicide in Hobowars, check WIP for spammelicious posts)

After entertaining himself for 3 minutes, he got bored and pulled out the dictionary. He then proceeded to quiz me on the meaning of random words he pulled up from the pages of tiny font. Of course, I didn’t know the meaning of every word, and even if I did it’s, like, totally out of character for me to brag about it, what with me being the epitome of humility and all that, so let’s go with a human number and say I knew the meaning to 3 words for every 10 that he asked.

Kids get tired of games like that eventually, and then he pulled out his sneaky little puppy-dog face. Being the smart cookie that I am, I obviously did not fall for his trick and instead continued with stacking my units. Ignoring him totally worked, cos 2 minutes later I barked, “half an hour la, then I join you!”

I hate puppy dog faces.

Now the little bastard’s out, yamcha-ing with his friends. The little ingrate. So I’m back here, blogging cos the AOS sucked. Hey, whad'ya know, bugger rhymes with brother.


For the Yanks and Brits reading this:
Jie = sis
Mahjong = gambling game you don’t play with kids
Dowan = don’t want. Don’t look so shocked, grammar and spelling rules don’t apply outside of BF. :)
Yamcha = drinking tea, popular pastime with Malaysian teens/young adults, especially at night.

No comments: