October 26, 2004

The plight of pretty girls.

If I weren't the author, the first reaction I'll have is, "Plight? What plight?" and grunt dismissively. Thankfully for the people around me I AM the writer, so they're spared the decidedly unlady-like sounds emanating from my, uh, nostrils.

(Note to self, look up How Humans Grunt)

Yesterday I went out with some friends for our weekly (I wish!) dinner date, and my friend told me this rather sad story. For background info, read Wingman-ism. If you were lazy and didn't click, well, I'm accomodating, I'll type out my history again.

Ok, lame playing with HTML tags aside, I've been blessed with the opportunity to have been friends with some very pretty girls in the past. When I was in APIIT I was friends with a girl who was not only tall, fair and pretty, but nice, smart and hardworking to boot. She also happens to a very nice C cup on a 24, maybe 25 inch waist, so you can imagine what that does to male hearts (and other parts of the body). If there is a god, he can be so unfair at times. Pretty girls are supposed to be airheads, damnit!

Anyway, this friend of mine is also a pretty girl, and she turns a lot of heads. Just so happens that the head she turned this time was the one belonging to the boyfriend of one of her bestest buds (for convenience and clarity, let's just call her Tara). Now in my friend's defence, she doesn't flirt with guys. Not that she needs to, I mean, they already come flocking to her like flies to, erm, like bees to honey. So, long story short, the boyfriend, who started dating Tara about a week ago, switched targets, and Tara got mad at my friend, thus resulting in the general unhappiness of my friend.

Now the part I don't get is why Tara is mad at my pretty friend. If the guy's that fickle to begin with, and can't withstand the sight of a pretty girl, why the hell do you want to stay with a spineless little twerp like that?

Consider the possibility that pretty friend did flirt with Tara's boyfriend. Again, do you want to stick with a guy who can't even stay resolute when it comes to picking a girlfriend? It's almost as bad as people switching football teams, for crying out loud.

The general opinion during last night's dinner, apart from the whole jealousy angle, was that Tara valued her boyfriend more than my friend, which is understandable if the guy has been her boyfriend for 3 years. A week? What happened to bros before hos? Or, in this case, chicks before dicks? (Yes, I can be totally crass and uncouth)

Bleh. It boggles the mind, it does.

The reason I didn't name my pretty friend was because I didn't get her consent. Well, I could've gotten her consent, but then I won't be allowed to talk about her story, so this is by far the better choice, cos if I weren't allowed to talk about this topic then I'd be dry like a dead twig.

2 comments:

Kimberly Low said...

Matters of the heart are truly confusing. Being in love is the most vulnerable state a person could be in and I suppose it didn't help matter that the 'other person' is a close friend. I do agree that Tara is unfair on Pretty but did Pretty actually sit down and talk to Tara? I think she ought to let the Tara know and understand the situation. Convince her see what a jerk the boyfriend is better than sulking at the problem w/o doing anything. It would be unfair on Tara too by expecting her to see the whole truth in her state of mind.

Saffron said...

Tara's the one my pretty friend goes to talk about stuff like this when it happened to her other girlfriends, so she of all people should know better.

I dunno, different way of thinking, I guess. The first thing I'm gonna do when I get a boyfriend is to go out with him together with my pretty friend, my other pretty friend from APIIT, and my Miss Malaysia Tourism friend. I mean, if he's gonna fall for the gorgeous types, I'd rather know after three weeks than three months, after I've invested significantly more into the relationship.