October 29, 2004

Bombay Burke

I hate ties. Now you may wonder why I'm even complaining, since I'm female and don't really have to put on a tie for work unless I'm masochistic and want to, but back in secondary school we had to wear a tie for the whole day every first day of the week, and it irritated the heck out of me to have to wear a tight band of polyester around my neck. What can I say, I never forget.

A few weeks ago we had to do a sketch for our CS class and I played the role of a male chauvinist pig, so it was hello tie again. Bad, bad memories.

It's a bit funny to me, and not in a ha-ha way, that almost every working man has to tie a noose around his neck to be presentable at work. What a way to start the day. Might as well have your last meal and be done with it. That said, one of my ex-college mates used to wear a black shirt with a really sexy matte silver tie whenever he did presentations, and that was yummy-looking.

Anyways, recently, I found out a lot about ties, specifically, the different knots used by different men to garrote themselves. I'm glad to report that after 6 years of being forced to wear a tie, I have completely forgotten how to fashion an acceptable tie knot thingy, so it was dad to the rescue again.

IMO, Silk ties are only good for one thing. I wonder what's the name of the knot you use to tie your significant other to the bedposts...

8 comments:

Buaya69 said...

eh, most modern beds dun have bed posts liao lar... so how? hehehehe ;)

Saffron said...

That's why it's very important to pick beds properly. :) It's not just for sleeping.

seth.frostheart said...

heck even those plastic toy handcuff tht you can buy from toy r us is useful in such *cough* situations.. though the rough folks should know tht its good for one time use only for you guys *chuckles*

well, not tht i have used those plastic cops handcufs before myself.. no siree, nope.. not me *whistles and walks away* :P

Saffron said...

Handcuffs painful la, uncle. :) Plastic burn is not good for wrists, unless you wear long sleeves for a while. Silk and velvet is much better, IMO.

seth.frostheart said...

well.. there's the rounded edge version y'know.. though i tink toy r us stocks them cheapo, sharp edge ones nowadays.. bah..

well, failing tht, get some cords from the upholstery department... the soft ones of course *winks*

Saffron said...

No matter how rounded the egdes are it's gonna hurt when he struggles. And he's gonna struggle. :)

Every guy has to have at least 4 ties, so it's practical as well. No need to waste money, heheh. My stupid American friend has velvet lined handcuffs, and apparently they sell them in broad daylight too. I wish we weren't a bunch of stuck-up prudes.

seth.frostheart said...

velvet lined handcuffs? mmm mmm... interesting indeed. I think my trip to UK soon will be very interesting indeed *chuckles* I guess I have new places to stop by in soho... here I come!!~ lolzx :P

Saffron said...

Knock yourself out. Always remember you have a female friend in KL who would never say no to gifts of torture devices. :)