May 04, 2005

Non-WoW rant

Today I went shopping with my mom. On a fine, sunshiny Tuesday when
a) normal, productive citizens are stuck in their dreary, boring offices till 5pm, or
b) normal, procrastinating students are b1.1) stuck in lecture halls listening to boring lectures, or b1.2) rushing assignments in computer labs.

Yeah, sucks to be you, doesn't it? *grins*

Anyway, I bought two tops that make me look fairly anorexic, both of which are identical except for colour. Don't pass judgement, that's what Saffron does when she shops. In the future, there will be a photoblog series on the 5 identical sweater tops that I own. It'll happen, once I get over the fact that people I have never met would have seen my mug here.

By the way, judgement is spelled judgment. Did you know that? I didn't, not until I woke up at the unholy hour of 6am to sit for my MUET last Saturday.

Okay, today's post is not to talk about how sorry your life is or how weird I am. Nopers, today, I want to blog about PDAs.


Taken from here

Oh no, not PDAs PDAs. PDAs as in Public Displays of Affections.

In case you're wondering, no, playing WoW has not magically morphed me into a PAS member. I think holding hands are fine. I think an occasional cheeky slap on the ass is fine. I think walking arm-in-arm is fine. I think walking arm-over-shoulder is fine. I think a peck on the cheek is fine. I think huge and pretentious displays of happiness when you meet someone is fine. I think hugging is fine.

What is not fine is when you walk around with your hand on your girlfriend's ass, inside her jeans. Notice I said 'inside'. It's generally not acceptable to shove your tongue down your girlfriend's throat and slobber spittle everywhere in full view of the entire promenade. It's also considered very bad form to dry hump your girlfriend's ass when she's leaning against the railing watching a show in the open area a floor below. Especially with kids around.

Imagine this happening. Little 5-year-old Tommy is skipping around (or skating in one of those wheel-shoe-abominations) happily in the mall when he suddenly stops short and points. Mommy looks adoringly at what he is pointing at and gets the shock of her life.

"Mommy, why is that kor kor acting like Bobo did before we took him to the vet?"

Oopsie, what in the world should mommy do?

People don't generally get this insane urge to be sinfully passionate with their partners while they're strolling around in a shopping mall. Not even when they look at various lady mannequins in various states of undress posing in shop windows. If you beg to differ, please, go get some professional help right now before you endanger anyone else.

Rooms don't go for very high rates in KL, you can usually get one for RM50, which is value for money considering you get to spend the entire day and night there, and you get breakfast as well. 24 hours or so should be plenty time for you to tire yourself out doing whatever it is you do when you have a girl with you. If you're cheapskate and don't want to blow RM50 (or if you can't last 24 hours or so), there're always those skanky hourly-rate motels you can go to in Kotaraya. When push comes to shove, cars work pretty well too. However, if you're really cheapskate, you can always ask your mom, very politely, to get out of your room so you can snoogle with your girlfriend and hopefully not make any Ah Beng babies.

In short, plenty of options for you to pick from.

Just don't do it in a place where I may see you on one of my many shopping excursions, because I don't want to gouge my eyes out mid-splurge. It goes against my mission to look pretty because I can't be pretty if I can't see what I'm buying.

Edit: Spectacular, I'm bleeding. Thursday will be day 2, sob sob.

10 comments:

Resurrected said...

What do you mean inside her jeans? Not inside her jeans pocket? :P

And eh, 50 bucks rooms are horrible lah. Should go for at least 70 or 80, hur hur hur. Pretty good ones can be as low as 120. Better still, forest reserves in the outskirts, f.o.c. Back to nature.

And is the last sentence a warning? :)

Anonymous said...

maybe he was just uh.. helping her check the brand on her underwear.. or uh.. trying to catch that pesky lizard that fell from the ceiling through the back of her blouse before slipping into her twin underpass mountains.. or something. you could of at least taken pictures of these particular scenes>:P

Anonymous said...

Should have written this piece for your MUET. Sure you'd have scored, and then maybe they can discuss this in parliament :)

Pebbles said...

I usually don't have a problem with people dislaying affections in public because I can always look away. But frens who do it infront of you a bit the difficult to avoid, don't know where to put my eyes.

Saffron said...

@Res:
Inside as in, erm...there's 3 layers. Skin, undies and jeans. His hand was either on skin or on undies. Not jeans pocket, unfortunately.

I was writing suggestions for cheapskates. :) And how do you know the condition of RM50 rooms, eh? *raises one eyebrow*

Last sentence...is not a warning. More of a lamentation, hahah.

@taste:
Yes, maybe he was doing all that. Won't you like to know? *grins*

I don't have a camera phone, but given my propensity to witness events such as these, maybe you would like to sponsor one for me so I can take pictures for you? :D

@Janus:
Apparently, they don't give you a choice in the essay question. Have to write whatever they force you to write, bloody fascists.

@Pebbles:
My threshold depends on what sort of affectiosn ler. I think there're some things that should be kept private, so kenalah rant sikit. :)

iblogme said...

_Inside_ jeans...euw. Bad. Not merely gross PDA, but more like disgusting, bad taste PDA.

And dry humping is just as bad, or worse.

Yijin said...

Both 'judgement' and 'judgment' are acceptable spellings... And yes, that sort of PDA, I also cannot tahan... =P

Resurrected said...

That's for me to know, for you to find out ;)

Saffron said...

@Iblogme:
Yes. I was torn between which was worse, jeans or humping. :p

@Yijin:
Hmm, thanks for that. :) And thanks for reading.

@Res:
Eh?

Resurrected said...

You asked me how I know about RM 50 hotels :P