May 11, 2005

Insomnia strikes again!

In the very PC world where we live in, I thought it might be prudent to insert a disclaimer. This post is potentially sexist and/or cruel, and could offend you if you are male or female.

Pssst, I was reliably informed that that line would get anyone to read anything, so we'll see if it works as a tantalising lead-in or not.

Okay, the real blog post.

"I dress for my man," proclaimed a girl friend, rather unabashedly.

She was very obviously expecting feminazi challenges to her statement, and was prepared to defend it to the very death, with her manicured nails and all. You can gather all that information from the slightly stubborn/challenging tilt of her chin. Boyfriends beware, when a girl looks at you at an angle, eyebrows slightly raised, head tilted, chin out, you just know you're in for a long night.

Of what, exactly, really boils down to the type of girl you're with. I just hope she makes up as good as she wallops.

Anyway, I got to thinking about who I dress for. Of course, it's a given that I dress for myself, because hey, I'm cool like that, and I have certain ideals that I aspire to. But apart from all the overwhelming coolness and individuality that I possess, do I dress in a way that gets men looking, or do I dress in a way that gets women looking?

If you're thinking, 'Hey, you forgot the kids!', kindly remove yourself from the playground in a calm and orderly fashion, and go get some professional help. Paedophilia (as a trend) went out about the same time we stopped burning women at the stake, so wise up already. Trust me, it's better than having to go through a million dollar lawsuit. [REFERENCE TO POPULAR CULTURE]

Back on topic, I pondered my friend's statement, and noted that she was taking the easy way out. I mean, how hard is it to attract (straight) male attention?

[WARNING GENERALISATION ALERT]

You just have to put on something that's tight, short, or low cut. Or, if you really wanna look like a cheap desperate whore, all three.

Women now, those are tough bitches to please.

2 comments:

Lancelot95 said...

In a world where female sexism and appeal is a commodity, many people get lured into the sense that in order to please your man, you gotta dress for your man. In a way, you are trading your sexiness an d appeal for care or love.

Of course everyone wants to look like "somebody" famous on tv with that glamorous look and that gorgeous curve but only one reminder ... wake up before its too late.

*but for you saffy, GO TO SLEEP you insomanic undead hot chick!! hahaha*

Saffron said...

@Lance:
We all dress for somebody ler, just depends on who. :) That's why you wear singlet and shorts to pasar malam but wear long pants and nice t-shirt to...erm, KLCC.

Heheh.

@Tan Yee Wei:
The sooner women realise how critical they can be the better, IMO. Pull no punches. :)

I'm an undead warrior in WoW. *grins*