May 20, 2005

Different Degrees of Chuff-ness

Chuffness Level 1
The other day Narrowband informed me that I was nominated for Neophyte Blog of the Year. It was the same feeling I got when I was nominated for (and won) Best WIP Author in the BF Awards.

Thanks to Loonatik for acknowledging my existence. :)

Now to be pretentious and fake humble, I honestly didn't expect to have this many people read my blog when I first started it. It was more like a venue for me to write embarassing things about myself and not keep the incriminating evidence of my naughty past in my HD so that people like my brother or my mom would not stumble across it. Given that this blog's now jointly-named after my brother, and the kid actually laughs out loud when he reads the stuff I put here, you can all see how well my plan turned out. :p

I only got traffic after I whored myself out on PPS. So newbies, if you're looking to max the mass appeal of your blog, obviously you shouldn't be reading me because I practically do everything a neophyte blogger isn't supposed to do (except whore on PPS).

But it's ok, you can all worship me now. *grins*

Now for the clincher. I am disqualified from the category because my blog is more than 6 months old. It's not like I can win against supreme behemoths like Kenny Sia anyway, the bastard.

Chuffness Level 3
The people (not a lot la, about 3-4 like that) who've told me personally that I write very well. Obviously this is very open to interpretation, and I realise my style of writing doesn't really reach out to everyone, so I'm glad some people like it enough to recommend me to friends. Thank you, I really appreciate it.

Chuffness Level 5
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I wonder how long I have to sit there. The Oaf is also going. Working really hard in my first semester helped a lot, and I guess I'll have to pick up the pace in sem 3 to make up for all the slackage in sem 2.

In other news, I am doped up on cold meds, so I'm not going to update. I'm also coughing like heck, and my voice has taken the quality of James Earl Jones, so please don't call me and make me talk.

It irritates my throat and makes me cough more...so I'll end up being James Earl Jones level 2.

Right, I know the levels are just getting lame.

4 comments:

Matty said...

heyo! oh dear, you're going to the graduation/award ceremony thing next week then! (28th). There'll be an intermission performance and well, quite (un)fortunately...you'll see when the time is right *gulp* take care till then :P

narrowband said...

I love the way you write, and I'm not surprised that others do, too :p

Take pics during that Award Presentation Ceremony, yahZ!

Saffron said...

@Matty:
Please please please warn me if I have to sit through a boring performance. PLEASE!!

@Narrowband:
Awww, thanks. *explodes with love* Will do, and will show you if they turn out okay. It really depends if the performances *ahem* make me feel like killing someone or not. :)

Anonymous said...

Get well soon. Glad to see you back, missed reading your writings.
And congratz on your nomination and hope you get something out of it!
On another note, James Earl Jones eh? Can you do a Vader impersonation ? :)
Palpatine :"Lord Vader"
Saffy :" Yes Maaster"
Palpatine :"RIiiiisssseee"