April 10, 2005

Spider legs

This post is specially dedicated to Narrowband, who said I have a tendency to post more pictures than needed. Of course, he said it in a more polite way, but being that I'm the author of previous blogs like this one about mangosteens, I'll have to say, point taken, Narrowband!

Okay, I'll concede that the mangosteen one was really pushing the limits of human intelligence, but at least I was original! *grins*

Anyway, because I'm still in the process of sorting out my thoughts, I decided to continue in the vein of Posts With Useless Pictures, and therefore will be writing an all-new instruction booklet on how to use Veet, complete with pics, exclusively available at 27th & 6th only, whoohoo!

Okay, for the uninitiated, Veet is the name of a hair removal cream, which girls use to get rid of hairy legs so that little frilly skirts look good on us. To those who're blessed with non-hairy legs, I say, very vehemently, "Screw you!!"

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
THE BOX IT CAME IN. READS LIKE A GAME REVIEW, DUNNIT? :p IGNORE POLI SCIENCE BOOK K THX.

Step one, which is not included in the Official Veet Instruction Pack, is to moisturise your legs before depilating any natural hair from any part of your body. Scaly skin is not pretty to look at. Of course, when I say moisturise, I mean do it an hour or 2 before you start slapping Veet on yourself, otherwise you're just wasting moisturiser.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
MOISTURISED HAIRY LEGS, PRIMED FOR DEPILATION.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
THE BOX ACTUALLY TELLS YOU TO SQUEEZE THE STUFF OUT IN VERTICAL LINES.

I forgot to take a picture of the spatula that comes with the Veet, so please note the sky blue thingy sitting quietly next to the bottle of Veet in the upper right hand corner of the above pic.

According to the instructions, I'm supposed to spread the cream thickly enough to cover all hair. The box also says DO NOT RUB IN in blue capital letters (as shown), so I suppose it'll be wise to heed the advice.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
SPATULA SEZ, "HIYA FOLKS! SAFFRON THINKS YOU'RE ALL BLIND."

Nothing like red to point you to the bull's eye. :)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
LEG #1, AFTER PLAYING WITH THE SPATULA.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
YET MORE FUN WITH MR. SPATULA. I THINK I'VE BEEN REPEATING SPATULA TOO MANY TIMES, COS IT'S STARTING TO SOUND REALLY FREAKISH.

At this point, I would like to remind users that the box says you should leave it on for five minutes and, again in big blue capital letters, NEVER MORE THAN 10. They should add "...if you don't want to end up with pus-sy (root word pus, okay?) legs." That'll put an unholy fear in the hearts of all estrogen-producing units.

Anyway, I usually take a middle number so I leave it on for 7. I have tough hair. *grins* By the way, this Veet company has got things down to a fine art, cos the box also says DO NOT GUESS THE TIME ALLOWED. USE A WATCH.

How cool is that? :p

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
HAPPY SCRAPING. KINDA LIKE SHAVING, BUT WITHOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF CUTTING YOURSELF.

After you're done scraping, you haul your ass to the bathroom and rinse off the stickiness so your skin doesn't feel tight anymore. Towel dry and tadaa!, you're now the proud owner of a pair of silky smooth legs ala shoe model.

Personally, I still prefer shaving. Takes less time, I can do it in the shower, and I don't have to sit around with gunk on my legs all the while looking at the clock.

Notes:
Model who generously provided her legs for your viewing pleasure has elected to remain anonymous. Requests for her contact will not be entertained.

If your intelligence feels insulted, I've already warned you in the first few paras, so don't come bleating to me about wasting 5 minutes of your time. :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay question for you my good woman does it sting and would it be safe to do the same to pubes? pls advise. thanks :D

Reta said...

I can't stand those cream-based stuff anymore. Damn smelly, like rotten eggs =P

tried once on pubes area..but the growing part itches =P

5xmom.com said...

Hahaha, saffran, I did this a few days ago and too macro shots of the hairs melting. It was too yucky to be shown on my site, of course. Don't wanna scare all the males away, losing trapik like that. Great pair of legs you have there (I guess it is your own?)

Lancelot95 said...

um .. there is alot of hints in the documentary above that states that the pair of legs are yours. You do wear a bracelet if i remember, so .. it should be you .. Besides, you love to show something then tell everybody its not yours... right ?

Beauty Tips 101 ...

Tan Yee Wei said...

That was enlightening! 5 to 10 minutes is all it takes to eliminate those hairs?

An interesting photo would be to cream one leg and leave the other alone. Some contrast to show ignorant ones like myself.

BTW, this Veet product contains urea. (www.veet.com) Urea is also a waste product of our bodies and rejected in the urine. That's probably why it stinks :-)

narrowband said...

Saffy... I was bloghopping and I saw this post.

Check out his legs :D

narrowband said...

Btw, yes, your mangosteen post was the e-du-ca-tion-al one! *grins*

narrowband said...

Btw2, I just have to say this. Thanks for dedicating a sexy post to me (no? heck, mile-long legs are an asset for women, you know!). Sorry for the comment flood (no, this is really not taking revenge). It's just that my thoughts spilled in burst-mode.

Pebbles said...

HAHAHhahahaahhahahah!!! Nice legs *whistle* !!! ;)

Saffron said...

@Anon:
Er, it doesn't sting, not on the legs, but the smell's something you need to get used to.

Pubes...a bit tricky. My friend tried some on her underarm and it didn't work, something to do with hair texture, so unless you have really fine pubes I don't think it's going to work either.

But hey, if you decide to try, don't forget to update me. :)

@Cyber-red:
Yes, I agree. Will stick to shaving. If you don't remove the hair on your mound the growing out part doesn't itch so much. :)

@5xmom:
Up to you ler, but there's no harm in educating the males. Next time they can do it for their girlfriends. :D

Legs are not mine lor, they belong to my friend. If I had legs like that I would be doing The Kim Pose™ on the top of my blog. :)

@Lancie:
Actually, if you look carefully the bracelet in the pic is hard one. Mine bracelet is soft. :) But you are very observant ler, uncle.

Ahem, "...love to show something then tell everybody its not yours... right ?"

MANA ADE??!?

@Tan Yee Wei:
Yes, not supposed to leave it on for more than 10. I tried to get my friend to do it, just to see what'll happen, but then she refused. Spoilsport. :(

Ah, very enlightening. Thanks for the info. :)

@Silencers:
Don't think so, again the hair texture thing comes into play. Why would you wanna spend 5 minutes creaming your face when you can shave though? ;)

@Narrowband:
I saw that on April 1st. :) Was linked from the Fish Fish's blog. Eh, you go and copy the pose la, your legs are pretty hairy too. :D

@Narrowband:
I knew it! 3 minutes after posting it I felt really stupid, but then I wasn't about to waste a good half hour worth or work. *grins*

@Narrowband:
No prob with flood, this is not a forum. :) Thanks for inspiring this, hahaha.

@Pebbles:
I'll introduce those legs to you the next time we meet. :)

ThatJames said...

One time during my Botak phase, I decided to use Veet on my head. Bad mistake. Bad, bad, bad mistake. Burns like the devil! Hahhah!