April 25, 2005

People I need to thank

I believe people will generally be nice to me if I be nice to them first.

Today in WoW I met a few people who gave me stuff and buffed me in return for nothing. I feel so bad for messing up my comm channels and not saying thanks. Horde may be fugly, but deep down they're all marshmallows. *grins*

The other day in KLCC while I was buying a mango citrus tea blend from Starbucks, the guy at the counter chatted with me while I was waiting for my order, and even called me back to give me one of those loyalty card thingies and stamped it three times (I only bought 1 drink).

Yesterday, I was at APIIT (yes, I risked sanity and found that the place was actually quite fun. Figures it'd get better after I left, bleh) watching my bro play CS. There was actually a tourney going on, but I decided not to stand alone amidst black-clad guys. Anyway, the guy playing next to my bro left his game, got up and carried a chair over for me to sit on, saying, "Have a seat. You don't have to stand."

Enough about Frosty already. He gave me 2 gold ingame. That's a heck lot when you consider 100 copper = 1 silver, and 100 silver = 1 gold.

Blade (Frosty's friend) sent me a bag, and since I'm a girl there's no such thing as too many bags. He also sent me a sword and some armour.

Arion spent the better part of an hour explaining WoW terms to me, and though it was a Tuesday night I'm sure there were better and less boring stuff he could've done than explain farming and dungeons.

Lance practically did all my quests for me yesterday night, cos I was laggy and dared not venture into aggro areas. He also gave me shitloads of stuff, some of which I accidentally sold because I'm a klutz. :(

Finally, a big big BIG shoutout to Knight, because without his benevolence and generosity, I would not even BE in WoW in the first place. You see, I'm leeching on his account.

As if that wasn't enough generosity to last at least a few good years, Knight has decided to top it all off by offering to host me for free. I just have to decide on a domain. I've also had offers of technical assistance from Lance and Knight, and even Trak and Elcap. Thank you all for being nice. :)

Notes:
As you've probably deduced from this post, I am the worst kind of MMORPG player. I am a Monster Leech. In fact, I think I'll change my name to the Lich Queen, har har har.

15 comments:

Lancelot95 said...

Dont worry, we were all noobs once :)
But we were all very eager to venture out of noob area as soon as possible.

You are the only one i saw wanted to stay inside hitting cute little innocent vampire bats :o

seth.frostheart said...

saffy you know "grey" mobs don't give u exp right? so no point staying in noobietown and hacking away at defenseless lil bats for nothing!~ hah~~~

oh pwah... 2g IS nothing... wait till you get 20s or more from a mob. for me it's double the advantage because as a rogue, i can pick pocket for more loot. yay!~ (^_^)

Anonymous said...

apiit technology park malaysia? striped shirt?

Anonymous said...

All shall bow to the Lich Queen. *bows*

Pebbles said...

Why you never help me to invite all these gamers to the tourney? :P

Anonymous said...

ah nvm.. so it was a brown one. not sure how my memory recorded that quick peek as a striped shirt. do recall the glasses.. but i do recognize your bro cos of his black. uh, not that i can remember what your bro better than i did with you means anything in particular...

pebbles were you that small fierce girl who yelled at the two guys who went up the ask about the cash checks?

Saffron said...

@Lance:
Haiyo, lag ma, not like you, Aussie connection. :)

Today kena mob a few times, cos lag. Do quest also very beh song liao la, always worried may die or something. I don't like dying. :(

Vampire bats are never innocent, dearie. :)

@Frosty:
Ya, I know. At the time I was hacking them to bit they were still giving my exp, so not wasted. :)

Thanks again for the money.

@Knight:
Every time kena mention you by name then only you will leave a comment. Have to smoke you out like that, heheh.

Should edit, free for me only. :)

@Taste:
Striped pants, actually.

@Bawang:
Why thank you, thank you very much. :)

@Pebbles:
They're all not around KL one, or don't know the way there (ahem ahem), but the taste fella went, I think.

@Taste:
I look better in real life that when I'm captured on celluloid. :)

You recognised my bro cos he was freaking tall. :) How come didn't come over to chat ler?

LOL at description of Pebbs. Wait till she sees this. *grins*

Anonymous said...

oh, striped pants. i knew there were stripes somewhere in that image. i only saw you guys just as i was leaving the place around lunchtime. sorry if i looked like i was leering, my mind was going, 'now that tall girl looks familiar.. hmm.. tall..'

and not sure if it was pebbles, but man, those two guys were really shaken up after she roared at them. i think one of them was contemplating suicide. 'it must be the food,' the other guy was saying.

Pebbles said...

Hey Taste: well I can be fierce but I am not small :)!
So did you enjoy yourself?

Anonymous said...

well, that was you sounding the two guys wasn't it? if so, you definitely don't look your character:P

and not that i want to hijack saff's blog any further but your blog doesn't allow anonymouse posters & since you read here regularly:

i thought it was decent enough for a first timer effort.. students at that. it's not up to professional standards yet, but to do that you need to be heavily experienced in these matters and i hope you've learned alot from this one event.

what you could improve on though is in future, get some feedback from people who've actually participated or ran such events. you'll avoid alot of common pitfalls most first time organizers run into.

still i appreciate the effort everyone put into the event. much respect for actually putting your idea into action. hopefully you don't get discouraged by the negative feedback. my sentiments may not represent a majority of the disgruntled people who participated though.

things went pretty smooth. at least for me.:)

on a sidenote.. why give the UT event winner.. ragnarok online goodies.. i mean.. of all things... RO!? An Eva (yuck!) Hsiao pinup calendar??! Poring pllushies?? UT is supposed to be a manly game..

Pebbles said...

Eh Taste, go register yourself an account with blogspot so you can leave your comments. Poor Saf has to go through all these.
No, I'm not that fierce gal la! Can introduce you to her if you want. :P
Thanks for your useful feedback! We know better now and we will have a better one next year! You come again ok?
You APIIT student?

Saffron said...

No worries about commenting here, it gives the illusion that my blog is popular with commenting readers anyway. *grins*

I want to know what is Taste's opinion about the event also, since I was just a spectator.

Eh Pebbs, you sure you're not the small fierce girl? ;) I'm reminded of why I was so afraid of you last time, heheheh.

Foot Futt said...

Nyehehe Peebs the small fierce girl. Sarmbodi hit the nail right onna head *run far far away*.

Saffy I wanna play WoW too! How how? Gimme online lesson nextime ok?

Anonymous said...

mehhh.. no thanks pebbles, i'll pass both offers. that girl may be pretty cute but the way she yells at people, it's enough to wither a grown man's balls. don't think the bird bird types can tahan either..

ex apiit student. Envy ler you next gen students get to hold all the interesting stuff and have such a nice building to utilize. some more walking distance to the lrt... *green*

iblogme said...

Not everyone qualifies to be a Lich Queen. *grins*

If I do MMORPG, I'll round up my siblings to "protect" me. Hehe.