April 06, 2005

More about work

I've never actually held a real job before, so forgive me if this blog is starting to sound boring.

Today, I managed to close almost RM200 worth of sales. Unfortunately, it was a lot of work because somehow, I can't manage to sell the big expensive bags. I can only trick schoolgirls into buying little pouches and hairclips. I think the most expensive bag I've sold to date is worth a measly RM33.90.

On the upside, I chatted with a very amiable Indian lady today and made friends with the girls manning the next stall. I've also spotted a watch I really really like. Maybe I can steal a bag tomorrow and barter trade for the watch. Here's to hoping. *crosses fingers*

Now, I'll just talk about the evening.

I was replying Suanie's SMS when I saw this guy looking at me in a very disconcerting way, like he knew me. He was also playing with his handphone. I stared back at him and tried to remember if he was one of my secondary school friends, cos my memory's not bad enough for me to forget college buddies. It also crossed my mind that he may be eyeing the cash drawer I was standing next to, so I made ready to grab the scissors to stab his eyes out if it came to that.

The next instant he said, "Saffron?" And I remembered that Resurrected said he'd dropped by and saw the wildly unsuitable bags, so tentatively I said, "Resurrected?"

It was him. The scissors were not needed today. *grins*

I took a break then and chatted with him while poor JW served the customers alone. When she came back, I introduced Res to her. Or at least I tried. After I opened my mouth I realised that I didn't know his name. In the end, we were all introduced to each other at the same time. All's well that ends well.

Pushing my luck further, I sat down on one of the benches with Res and talked about my sales philosophy (don't speak unless spoken to), capitalism, Chili's (it sucks. Don't go to the Mid Valley branch) and debating the pros and cons of muscular legs while looking at real-life examples.

Tomorrow I'm meeting Suanie for sinfully chocolate cake with a layer of cream cheese on top and hopefully a lunch date if things aren't too hectic.

I'm sorry for reacting weird when we met, Res. I was really tired and demotivated by bad skin. :)

4 comments:

graceshu said...

mid valley? maybe i drop by one day is that okay? :D

iblogme said...

RM200 is a pretty good figure for a weekday! HAHAHA. It's so funny, these: "It also crossed my mind that he may be eyeing the cash drawer I was standing next to, so I made ready to grab the scissors to stab his eyes out if it came to that.", and the introduction using blogger names.

Resurrected said...

Saffron, nice meeting you. I didn't find you weird :P and her legs suck, it didn't look like calves. ands speaking of mv, i'll be there 3rd time in a week this Friday for a dinner meet-up :P and scissors? gee.

iblogme, we had no idea of each other's name lah.

Saffron said...

@GraceShu:
Haha, you wanna drop by then drop by ler, no need my permission. However, please don't be like Cheapskate Pebbles and Cheapskate Resurrected, who never bought anything even though I was selling. *grins*

Heh, joke. Drop by for a chat. It'll be great for me to meet Famous Blogger GraceShu. :)

@IBlogMe:
Yeah, I make the same amount regardless of whether it's a weekday or a weekend. :(

It's funny now, but it wasn't funny then, cos I was scared and Res's eyes were in jeopardy.

@Res:
Right back at you. :)

I'm glad you didn't find me sorta-weird. I'm usually stilted at conversations with people I don't know. :)

Oh, I didn't work Friday. Got the day off and slept till 12. *grins*