March 03, 2005

Something new to try out

Because I was not doing what I'm supposed to be doing (get cracking at my books), I decided to play a game with Jun and her friend Evelyn (hi Evey!). We'll do simultaneous blogs about the same subject.

My perfect Valentine's day


Being that I'm only in my early 20s, I don't really know what I want. I have trouble deciding what to eat for lunch, so when I think about the 'perfect' VDay, my brain short circuits.

(Of course, we can start by debating the existence of perfection, but that would be a kill-joy)

Instead, I'll talk about some sweet stuff people have done for me in the past. Let's see, the sweetest thing a guy has done for me was when my brother stole a purple balloon when he attended his prom thingy a few months back. It was helium-filled, and it came with a pinkish ribbon. The oaf tied it to his wrist and walked around the fashionable part of town with the balloon bobbing around like an inflated dog, all night, until he got home and gave it to me.

The thing that kills me is it was his prom night, he was supposed to be out having fun and kicking up some hell, and instead he saw purple floating balloons and he thought of me. How sweet is that? *melts*

My favourite ice-cream is Coffee Crunch that comes in a gold tin. 1.9 litres, about RM19. I think they stopped making it, but it doesn't stop the oaf from searching for it whenever he's in supermarkets. I don't remind him about this, but he does it because he remembers. This from the guy who forgets to pick up his dirty clothes when he showers. :p

I suppose what I'm trying to say is I don't want flowers and romantic dinners (ooh, especially not those) on a special day. Just sweet thoughts on normal days would suffice. Which is not to say that romantic stuff like this isn't appreciated, just don't go the whole flowers-to-the-office (assuming I have one) route.

The end.

Notes:
You may think that I have an unhealthy obsession about Vday. You would be wrong.
You may think this post reeks with heavy incestuous undertones. You would again, be wrong.
You may think this post reads like a kindy "What do you want to be when you grow up" essay. You would be right. :)

5 comments:

S£ΔNNΔ said...

How romantic... *sighs* :) I'd really love to have a bf like that... *melts* I'm sure all of us would... ;)

And...

INCEST!!! :p

Johann said...

Tips for guys? =D

All sounds really romantic. But isn't going to happen for me. People are still stuck with the traditional role of males doing all the wooing.

Unless I date a guy, of course.

Saffron said...

@M:
Haha, alrady intro to you right? He's younger wor, so if you're ok with it then ok la. Will do another serious intro on Friday when we meet up. *grins*

Dun regret ler, mui mui chai.

@Seanna:
Yeah, sucks, doesn't it? Good guys exist, but they're either dead, gay or related by blood to me. God does like to play his little jokes. :p

@Banjo:
Yeah, you could say that. How to get your girlfriend to melt without paying a bomb. :)

As for dating guys, don't knock it till you've tried it, yes? *grins*

Buaya69 said...

ya lor, daily sweet things are much nicer than a once in a blue moon thingy. but sometimes, its so simple like "she just being there". love does do strange things to your senses ;)

Johann said...

Ahh Saffy. Don't forget who you're talking to. I try *everything* eventually, neh?