March 29, 2005

Nothing in Particular

Yesterday I hopped over to KLCC and met up with Suanie, my uber-garang PIT lecturer back in APIIT. Fortunately, I don't have to call her mam anymore, but that didn't stop me from sweating profusely and giving her a complete explanation as to why I was 10 minutes late for the appointment. Old habits die hard. :)

Actually, I'm just an extremely punctual person who's not used to being late. Hahah, ok, let's try again. Actually, I don't like waiting for people, so I try not to do it to others. -->

She was pretty cool about it, and suggested that we go for a pizza lunch. Happily, I agreed, for three reasons. One, I hate deciding what to eat and can't be happier than when someone decides for me. Two, she seemed to know what she was doing and where she was going. Three, you never disobey your uber-garang PIT lecturer Miss Suan. Sorry, old habits die hard *grins*

I'm glad to report that I was behaving myself very properly despite the swollen-beyond-all-recognition eyes, except for the incident where I spoke with my mouth full and spewed something onto her arm. Or somewhere thereabouts. Overall, I didn't embarrass myself too much, and managed to speak like a normal human being.

Over a pizza and some pretty spectacular salad, we talked about the wonderfulness of blogs (cos it brought us together) and gossiped about blogs we liked (a lot) and blogs we didn't like (quite a lot too). Because limiting our convo topics to just blogs would be something too blogger-ish to do, we also talked about family, friends and bitched about APIIT. Or rather, I bitched and she listened. :) She also gave me some very good advice, which I'm going to take after I stop being stubborn and adamant about my stupid prinsip hidups.

It was a good day.

Sidenote:
  • Apparently FootFoot loves the place but couldn't make it cos she had to work. I think Suanie said something along the lines of "Tough nuts!" which resulted in a barrage of SMS harassment. Tsk tsk.

  • Whenever the word 'lecturer' is mentioned, a vaguely vampire-ish image of a hawkish woman flashes across my mind. Never in a million years would I have expected to be willingly eating lunch with a lecturer, and enjoying the experience.

  • Family problems solved due to earthquake. Personal problems solved due to some hard thinking. I like being happy again. Moping around saps too much energy.
  • 4 comments:

    Buaya69 said...

    felt another tremor again just now at the office. my chair was shaking like a ride at genting! but kept typing away while some office ladies were eee! arrr! ee!

    Pebbles said...

    You know what, lecturer is also human! We eat, shit and breath just like the non-lecturers! ;)
    Just for the record, I am a punctual person too. :)

    Saffron said...

    @M:
    Thanks. :) You know what happened, so no need to explain liao.

    @Belacan:
    Hello, uncle. :)))) Glad you're back.

    @Pebbles:
    You know I love you. :D It's real love when I ask a lecturer out, trust me.

    S£ΔNNΔ said...

    Glad you're happy again, Saffy... *muaks*