February 01, 2005

Dengue Pahtay!

Granma was discharged, and my bro was admitted for dengue fever. My house is like a fucking orgy-party-maksiat zone for mozzies.

The other day my mom came home from the hospital to find me furiously typing away at the computer trying to rush my assignments that were due the next day. Note the plural, heheh. She took one look at the plugs next to my PC and started lecturing me on the need to switch on the electric mosquito coil thingy.

Yes, I don’t know what it’s called. Or maybe I just forgot. I dunno.

Ever since half of the family was infected with the mozzie disease, we’ve been spraying the whole house with racun serangga perosak every single night. My family is probably single-handedly responsible for the peak in Ridsect’s 4th quarter sales. The electric mosquito coil thingy with the slightly-cheap-sweet-cologne smell is switched on almost 24/7, except when I forget. The uncle who sells the blue rectangle refills for the electric mosquito coil thingy positively genuflects (in a happy way) at the sight of me or my dad.

We’ve tried our best to wipe out all surviving mozzies in the family home. If there are any survivors left, we can all rest happily in the hospital beds with an IV tube up our left arms, peaceful in the knowledge that we’ve created a strain of super mutated Aedes mosquitoes that would only die if we nuked the whole of Cheras. (don’t even think of nodding, you Ah Beng haters you)

Oh man, I just found a mozzie bite on my neck. Die, spawn of the undead, DIE!

Note: If I get dengue, remember to come visit me at SJMC. I like grapes more than apples, and oranges above all. *grins*

6 comments:

narrowband said...

lol on the ridsect Q4 sales thingy :p

there, i see you've something to say about ah bengs in cheras, no? *chukles*

c'mon, don't keep having negative thoughts (on ending up in SJMC with IV tubes and all). mosquito coils (or whatever you call that) help, not to mention the other precautionary steps - ensure no breeding grounds for the mozzies.

and hey, hope you brother gets well soon ;)

Anonymous said...

a strain of super mutated Aedes mosquitoes that would only die if we nuked the whole of Cheras

lolz

Alright if you do masuk hospital *touch wood*, it's oranges then, grapes are err... a bit too expensive heheheheh.

Fish Fish said...

Saffron, teach you a very economical way to get rid of mosq. Use the traditional eggs container... u know the one that like cardboard. Burnt a small angle... and it will act as burning jotstick that will get rid any insects. The pro : safe money. The cons : smell and smoke...

good luck to your brother.

iblogme said...

Good to know that your grandma's out of the hospital. Hope your brother will get well soon. Useful (?) fact: mozzies like the colour blue.

Saffron said...

@Narrowband:
It's not negative, it's more like resignation. We've already done all we can do and taken all the necessary precautions, and STILL the bloody mozzies get in the house. Bleh, fate la if kena denggi now. :)

@Bawang:
Thank you kindly. *grins* Glad you found the thing funny. :) I have half a mind to change the name of my blog to Orangerie, but then I guess people are going to yell at me for my fickle-mindedness.

@Fish fish:
Erm, knowing me, the egg carton thing will probably end up setting fire to my books or my cupboard and then the whole flat will burn down. Haha, better not try, if not my mom will kill me.

@IBlogMe:
Uhh, blue huh? *jots down in notebook* I'm wearing blue PJs right now. Suppose I should switch on the mosquito coil thingy...just in case. ;)

S£ΔNNΔ said...

Have you checked under the clothes, in old dusty corners, anywhere with things piled up? Mosquitoes love to hide there too. I t could also be a neightbour if you consider your living in an apartment. What I do is I fry all of them until they give up nesting in my home.

Also, I noticed that they tend to go for warmer bodies. So if there's someone warmer nearby, you're safer... Hence the reason why I almost never get bitten. Everyone except my dad has a warmer body. So the mosquitoes all go chasing after them. You can even see how they beat about at the mosquitoes. *evil snicker* My mom gets it the worst. Hence the reason why she is ever vigilant and forever hunting them down and frying them.