October 21, 2004

Rapunzel

No, it's not another dirty fairytale, and I'm not Rapunzel, not by a long stretch, but I went and cut my hair today. Admittedly, it doesn't look much different, but you won't believe the amount of hair the stylist lopped off. Next time I'll remember to bring a camera along.


::Left is Before, Right is After::


Anyways, I was this close to coming back with curls instead of boring old straight hair. Seriously, I was almost seduced by the stylist's spiel and nearly consented to a 'spa' perm, which was supposed to infuse some concoction of essential oils into my hair, making it silky and shiny. Of course, the biggest selling point was that it's supposed to make me look pretty, and what girl could refuse that?

And then I thought, I don't even comb my hair in the mornings, would I really have the patience to deal with permed hair? For the uninitiated, if you have permed hair and you don't want to look like Diana Ross, you have to apply some sort of sculpting lotion to make the curls set after you wash your hair. You also have to wrap your head in a towel for those treatment thingies at least once a week so your hair doesn't frizz to the high heavens. I'm too lazy to even apply conditioner, would I really do that religiously?

But then again, Michelle's always telling me to gussy up to attract the males, so maybe I can handle that. I mean, if I wanna get married by 30 I'd better start looking now, ya?

I balked at the price though. RM350 for hair? OMG NOTHX. I'd rather go shopping. Low maintenance, that's the way to go.

3 comments:

hyelbaine said...

Looks great! Would definitely wonder the face infront of it even without spending a bomb on it. Then again, i'm a guy, what do i know :P

Cheers!!! :D

Saffron said...

That's arguably the best view of me.

Saffron said...

I need to have a bigger fan base before I can afford to be scaring people away. :)

And now I'm off to pound more hookers, whoohoo!