October 27, 2004

Exhibitionism

I'm feeling particularly uninhibited today, so I'm going to include pics of my room. Also because I'm trying out the various functions of our digital camera, hehe. The first thing to know before you judge my camera skills is that if I manage to take a picture of someone with the entire head intact, it's a good picture. So no laughing allowed. At least don't let me know about it. *grins*

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

This is a pic of my bedroom wall with the shelves. That's almost the entire width of the room. Obviously, I've reached new heights of geekiness, and I'm running out of space as you can see from the books that're actually balanced because of the wall.. :(

There're still a number of books that aren't in the pic, principally because I'm afraid the shelves would come crashing down and scare me awake, so I stacked them on my huge ass table, which will not be showen because it's incredibly messy and I want to maintain a good image of myself. In public anyways. My collection of National Geographic mags and Reader's Digest from way back the 70s (no, I wasn't born yet) have currently usurped the cupboard where my mother keeps her fancy crystal. You can see why tomorrow trip to Kinokuniya is something of a stealth mission. Mom is so gonna freak out when she sees me with more books.

I've also discovered that I've lost my Dune and Dune: Messiah books. Actually, discovered is not the right word to use, because I discoverd they were gone about 2-3 weeks ago. I was giving them time to resurface, but it looks like they're only going to appear once I get new copies. So I'm hitting Kinokuniya tomorrow and I bloody well expect to find the books that match all my existing Dune covers, godamnit, or I am going to bite someone.

Not one single swear word, see. Those anger management classes do work.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Finally, this is a pic of my (unmade, obviously) bed, which is a Valentine's day's nightmare. Hearts in red and gold galore!

I belong to the Calvin school of thought. If I'm gonna sleep in it tonight, why should I make the bed if no one's going to see it? Hmmm, new blog topic, yo!

Note: Sorry for the immensely huge pictures. I'm on the old computer and it doesn't run Adobe without choking up, so I thought I'd be nice to it in its old age.

4 comments:

Kimberly Low said...

I hardly make up my bed too, Hahaha. But I do find that it sort of jumpstart the day in a positive way. When you start something orderly, the rest tend to go the same direction.

hyelbaine said...

hehehehe, i've gone through a moment in time where i made up my bed like only once in a week or something more rare then that ;)

Cheers!!! :D

Buaya69 said...

hey Saffron! nice yummy bed ya got there. very comfy ;)

Saffron said...

@Kim
Orderly's not exactly what I'm gunning for, since I lounge around in my PJs all day. ;p I always say it's not a vacation unless you wake up not knowing what day it is, hehe.

@Hyelbaine
You don't get any grief from your mom? She's cool. :)

@Buaya
Hi, thanks for dropping by. :) Yeah, it's comfy, it's so comfy I'm spending an average of 12 hours in it everyday. *grins*