October 15, 2004

And my faith in Vengeance is restored!

As you can probably deduce from the title, something happened today which made me believe that Nemesis (ctrl+F vengeance pls) does, in fact, exist. Remove all doubts now, O ye non-believers, lest she visits her vengeance upon thee.

I was on my way to college today to sit for my Intro to Human Communication final exam, which was slated at 3pm, and it was 2.26. I was already near Bali, and if you're familiar with the roads there, I need to cut into 3 lanes from the flyover in order to reach the left turning that would take me into the carpark of the Bali building. Right after I managed to inch my way into the final lane that would lead to the left turning, the car behind me leaned on the horn. Very long, very loud.

As some of you know, driving is not something I enjoy. In fact, there aren't many things I wouldn't do to weasel my way out of driving, but that's another story. The reason I don't like driving is because a)I meet a lot of idiots on the road, and b)driving brings out the worst in me. Hey, it's not my fault I don't suffer fools gladly.

Anyway, one of my pet peeves is sore losers who try their best to do everything in an attempt to erase the fact that they just 'lost' a 'competition' and let a car into their lane. For some reason, this always happens to me, and I have solid proof that it's because of the stupid red P sign stuck to my back windscreen. (FYI, I'm no longer on probation, I share a car with my bro.)

It's not that I'm very aggressive on the road. I just try not to let queue-jumpers into my lane and I always let people in when they have their indicators on. Sign of politeness and so on. Whenever people say 'thank you' by raising their hands, I feel warm and fuzzy inside, because there're still good, nice people out there. Outnumbered and outclassed in terms of self-importance, but still, out there.

To all the deadbeats out there who somehow feel that their manhood is challenged by a girl in a black Kembara adorned with a red P sign, please, try to appreciate that driving means getting from one place to another. It's not a battle of skills to the death. So I cut into your lane, big deal, you suffered a lapse of concentration, or maybe you were never that good at driving to begin with. Either way, GET OVER IT.

You wanna lean on your horn to show your displeasure, fine, go ahead. You wanna drive parallel to me and stare me down, hey, knock yourself out. I'm not gonna look at you anyway. You wanna wind down your window and be creative with Cantonese, sure, go ahead. You wanna swerve into my lane in an attempt to scare me, be my guest. Nerves of steel, that's me.

Now, that's enough exposition. Today, that car behind me, which shall be known as The Proton Saga, or alternatively, The Idiot, decided that leaning on the horn wasn't enough. Oh no, he decided to cut to the outer lane and drive parallel to my car, trying to do stare me down. Cars and people work the same way, you don't try to stare down someone taller than you are. For some reason, today I decided to reciprocate, and proceeded to counter-attack with my Evil Eye.

Here's the funny part. He was so busy staring at me that he slammed into the car in front of him. Gee, I hope it's nothing trivial, asshat.

Nemesis, I hereby sacrifice this cute little dog-like thingy to thy Greatness. May your grace be forever upon me.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I just remembered, I even had my left indicator on. Sheesh.

6 comments:

Lancelot95 said...

Saffron driving to the college all by herself ?? OMG .... this is something new since er ... i think 3 years ago yeh ?

You are kinda like the female driving version of the HULK. Whenever you get into the driver's position.. whoah ... ladies and gentlemen... you transformed... "you wont like me when i am angry !!"

But thats just me, if driving in KL may give you that kind of pressure I say take the LRT :)

hyelbaine said...

Wow! Instant respite eh? That's pretty cool ;) The next time I'm in that side of town, I'll make sure to give way when I see a black kembara driven by i girl with a red P sticker :)

Cheers!!! :D

Saffron said...

@Lance:
You have never seen me drive, so please don't jump to conclusions about my Hulkishness. I may grumble about incompetent drivers and all-round losers, but I never ever try to get into a fight.

Chiefly because I'm a girl and can't fight worth peanuts, but that's not the point. :D

@Hyelbaine:
I don't mind when people cut in front of me. What I don't like is people who try their best to get back at me cos I cut into their lane, especially when I have the indicators on. The blog's about losing with grace. :)

@mwt:
Tell that to the Proton Saga guy who slammed into the car in front of him cos he was too busy glaring at me. :)

I'm a very flawed human being, I can't help but feel gleeful when things like this happen. Wouldn't you?

Lancelot95 said...

From the description you gave many times, hence the konklusi of the hulkiness.

Anyway , repent !!!!!! :)

seth.frostheart said...

Repent?! REPENT?!? Thou Shalt Not Repent!! For Ye Was At No Wrong!!! And all that brouhahas... heh...

Saffy, dont listen to Lance.. he's just a boring ol' goddy two shoes.. haha!!! And well... I guess the Proton Saga guy got what he deserved... hey I believe in the power of the Ebil Eye... Lance, you have to be at the receiving end of an angry female's staredown to know what I mean *shudder in horror* ^^

Lancelot95 said...

yeah rightt, we have on the left side, the evil (saffron) , and on the right side ( me ) , the goody believer and in the middle (frosty), the one who doesnt believe in anything good or bad .

All I can say is , reality sux ... "things never happen when they should , where they should. " --proton saga guy