October 04, 2004

You're The One

Because of my stupid fingers, I accidentally deleted my belovedest Spike post.

Originally posted September 30, 2004
Love that's gloriously messy, complicated, and very real. Love that brings out (sometimes simultaneously) both the best and the worst qualities. Love that made him get his soul back, and more importantly, love that makes Buffy stronger, that gives her the will to fight. Twice.

Not bad for a bad boy vamp. Not bad at all.

Tonight's episode ranks way up there with the second ep of season 7.



"I love what you are. What you do. How you try. I've seen your kindness and your strength. I've seen the best and the worst of you. I understand with perfect clarity exactly what you are. You're The One."

Dialogue's corny without the killer British accent, the spectacular cheekbones, the bleached blonde hair and the trenchcoat working their magic, but it's not as bad as it looks. Really.

Sidenote: Kennedy is bloody annoying. I wish they didn't kill off Tara. :( Wow, a blog about an episode of Buffy. I guess the only way to top the nerdiness of this post is to do a review of Doom 3.

Sidenote 2: Many many thanks to Arion for getting this post back for me. To quote him, "unlike your other rabid fans, i do not visit your blog every single day. thus, when i went to Offline Mode and click on your link, my IE used the info from my last visit." Smartness. *grins* I love you.

As a gesture of my thanks, this is a link Arion would like everyone to click. According to him, "This is the real Spike, none of that stupid boyband Vampire turned good."

Boyband!? Philistine. As you all know, I'm only posting this because he managed to retrieve my entire post, together with the URL of the picture. There will henceforth be no more blasphemy towards Buffy's Spike. :)

No comments: