October 10, 2004

Another totally pointless update

I'm sitting in my chair playing an anatomical guessing game with a good friend from America, and it's kinda weird. I also have 2 glasses of wine, and I'm doing quite well on the way to inebriation. Been listening to slow songs all day long, so I'm mellowed out and dreamy.

Been thinking a bit too, that some songs just get to me. She, Close to You, When I Fall In Love, Hey Jude, Let It Be, Yu Jian, Tambourine Man, Knocking on Heaven's Door, and a load of others that I've just heard, but can't remember, and am too lazy to open up the winamp and check.

There's something about someone looking you in the eye and singing you a song that's really, I dunno, enchanting. (yes, it's kitschy :p) I've been serenaded exactly once, by a good friend on my birthday. I almost asked him to be my boyfriend. Thankfully there was no alcohol involved, or else it might've been disastrous. I'm particularly susceptible to Close to You. (Incidentally, I never found out the name of the song until yesterday night, heh)

Anyway, being mellowed out and dreamy a day before my finals is not good, so here's a post it note to myself. Never drink and listen to romantic playlist and play guessing games while trying to rememeber Malaysia's media history. I hope I don't do badly and ruin my very pretty CGPA so far.

Sidenote: Let It Be is particularly harmful to the nervous pre-exam nerves. I'm so calm and zen-like now I don't really care if I get a B or less. Which is very bad.

No comments: