October 04, 2004

My great granma died. Mom and Dad traveled to Penang to see her off, and will be back on Tuesday. I'm skipping the extra class tomorrow cos I have no car to go to college. Well, actually that's just an excuse. I could go early and wait 2 hours for class to start, then hitchhike my way back home, but then I've never been a huge fan of classroom education, so I might as well sleep in and study myself. Seems to have worked so far.

Anyways, I spent the better part of my afternoon translating the Berita Harian report into English so that I can post it in BF, an international gaming community. It's been a while since I've pulled out my English-BM dictionary, and man does my translating skills suck. I remember the days where I could translate entire articles without once refering to the dictionary. Sadly, those days are now past.Went out on a lunch date afterwards, at 3 pm, resulting in my friend yelling at me for having a whacked eating schedule.

Back on topic, yes, I realise the futility of posting this in, of all things, a gaming forum, but that's where I can reach the most people. In my defence, BF has the best Serious Discussion forum I've ever seen in a gaming forum, and the people there can completely own any local politician hands down. Maybe it's from the culture of not sweeping things deemed as 'sensitive issues' under the carpet. Just a guess, you know?

Judging from the responses to my thread so far, it's probably not going to get a lot of attention, but then all my threads have usually been like that. Should've gotten the wildly popular ProtossChick99 to post it. Oh well, as long as some people view it and know about it, I suppose it's good enough.

Naivete has nothing on me. *grins*

Blizzforums link to the thread I posted

No comments: